Jio fiber broadband is the newest option that has emerged recently in Indian market. After revolutionizing the Mobile internet inside India, Jio has decided to indulge in the broadband service sector. With the launch of its broadband service named JioFibre broadband. Reliance is integrating the latest technology and somehow again become able to bring down the existing tariff.
Instead of using conventional wiring methods, Reliance is using Fiber Optic technology for its connections. As a result, they can provide better data speeds & more robust connectivity to the users. The optical fiber used in Jio fiber broadband also gives the liberty to integrate future technologies quickly & cost-effectively.
Moreover, Jio is currently providing the connections under its fiber to the Home (FTTH) scheme. As a result, Jio Fiber broadband connectivity comes directly to your home, unlike most cases where the fiber reaches only until the building. In most of such cases, the last few meters of end connectivity is done by using a traditional cable. In the end, speed gets reduced & user experience degrades further due to patches and inferior cable qualities.
Jio fiber Coverage Area on WiFi
In jio fiber broadband, typically the WiFi coverage provided by the Jio Home Gateway comfortably covers an open area of approx. 1000 Sq. ft. (on the same floor). However, this range can be affected by several external factors beyond control, like interference from other WiFi Access Points in the surrounding area, placement of the Home Gateway in the house, user’s distance from it, and the number of walls between the Home Gateway and the user.
Jio Fiber offers plans:
Latest Jio fiber welcome offer: The free 30-days trial offer of Jio fiber broadband
Jio fiber WI-FI & Jio fiber set-top box : (Option 1)
- You will get a ‘WIFI ONT MODEM’ and ‘4K SET-TOP Box’ with this option of jio fiber broadband connection.
- However, you won’t get any antenna receiver with the package. The Set-Top box is supposed to connect with the WiFi and work only when an internet connection is available.
- It would be best to have the subscription of OTT apps to access any television shows online.
- Streaming 4K costs a lot more data and needs a very stable internet connection.
- In conclusion, in this Jio fiber broadband plan you can’t do anything on your TV without an active internet connection. Besides, you can’t even watch regular TV shows without a subscription to a relevant OTT platform.
- With the 4K SET-TOP Box, you can easily convert your Conventional old Television into a smart TV. It enables you to install & access apps on your TV, similar to as you do on your mobile phones.
- If your TV has a 4K screen, you will become able to Stream real 4K videos on your Television. Even on HD screens, the picture quality will get a bit better.
- You can play various online multiplayer games on your TV.
- Moreover, The Jio fiber broadband has got the cheapest broadband plans made available by any national Telecom service provider.
Pricing for option 1:
- You will have to make a one-time total payment of ₹ 2500 when you opt for this option.
- The first 30 days remains free. It means that you will get the 150Mbps plan worth ₹ 999, free for one month. Except this, subscription to the following OTT platforms is also free for the first month:
- You will get the liberty to return the connection for a full refund within 30 days. This One-time refundable amount includes a deposit for devices and advances towards installation services (₹ 1,000). This amount is Refundable only if service is discontinued in the 30 day trial period upon returning devices in working condition.
- After one month, you can easily switch to any of the prepaid plans suitable as per your needs.
Jio fiber WI-FI : (Option 2)
- You will only get a ‘WIFI ONT MODEM’ with the connection.
- You can still connect your smart TV with the modem through WiFi.
- You may require to ask for the 5.5 GHz router from the service engineer. Still, the final decision to provide one will solely depend on the company.
- In conclusion, you can’t do anything on your TV without an active internet connection. Besides, you can’t even watch regular TV shows without a subscription to a relevant OTT platform. Usually, subscription to these ott apps cost around ₹150 and above.
Pricing details for option 2:
- You will have to make a one-time total payment of ₹ 1500 when you opt for this option.
- The first 30 days remains free. You will get the same 150Mbps plan worth ₹ 999, free for one month.
- In this plan, you won’t get a free subscription to any OTT app for 1st month.
- Again Similarly, Suppose you don’t like it. In that case, you can get a complete refund within the 30 day trial period upon returning devices in working condition.
If you already have an excellent DTH connection & a smart TV, we recommend you opt for the 2nd option of jio fiber broadband as you will save ₹1000.
The combo pack (option 1) will be most suitable if,
1. you have a regular TV and want to convert it into a smart TV. Or,
2. Planning to Buy a new 4K TV. Or,
3. Want to change your DTH provider.
Reliance Jio fiber broadband plans complete list
Jio Fiber monthly plans
Jio fiber quarterly plan
Jio fiber semi-annual plan
Jio fiber annual plan
Reliance Jio fiber registration online: Is Jio fiber available in my area?
So, suppose you want to install Jio fiber broadband at your home or office space. In that case, you will have to check the availability at your location. But, firstly, you will need to register for installation. It’s the last step of registration, where you will get to know the availability by pinpointing your exact location.
Follow this 8-step procedure for Jio fiber registration & availability :
Firstly, go on google and search for Jio fiber broadband and click the first link. Or, you can also do the same by clicking on this link here. https://www.jio.com/fiber.html
Now, Click on the ‘book now’ button.
Secondly, you need to provide your name & mobile number with which you want to register.
After filling in your details, click on, generate OTP.
Enter the OTP received on the mobile number that you have provided, then click on continue.
Fill the address where you want to install Jio Fiber & click submit.
If they recognize the address you entered, your form is submitted; otherwise, you have to pin your location on the map & then again re-submit.
Additionally, you can also check the availability of Jio fiber broadband in your area by this process. Your application will be processed only if the connection is available in your area. Otherwise, a message will appear saying ‘coming soon in your area.
How to Choose the Best Suitable Jio Fiber plan?
- If you are a single user or have a tight budget, the ₹ 399 plan is an excellent option for you. The speed of 30 Mbps is enough for light to medium use with 1-2 mobile phones and 1 TV simultaneously.
- If you live in a small family that is very tech-savvy and everyone are on their devices all the time. You can then go for the ₹ 699 plan, which gives a speed of up to 100Mbps. This kind of speed is enough for using a few laptops & mobiles with moderate internet use.
- ₹ 999 or above plans are best suitable for commercial use. But suppose you are a big joint family or wish to continuously stream some high-resolution 4K videos on big screens. In that case, you also can opt for these plans.
- Although, JioFiber does have log term quarterly, half-yearly and yearly plans to offer. Still, there is no comparative cost difference benefit for the end-user.
- In the end, no matter which plans you choose, the upper capping limit will remain restricted at 3300 GB per month.
Frequently asked questions
Is Jio fiber a broadband?
Yes, Jim recently launched its broadband service named ‘JioFiber’. Instead of using conventional wiring methods, Reliance is using Fiber Optic technology for its connections. It promises better speed and technology integration.
Is Jio Fiber available in my area?
Firstly you have to register on the official Jio website for this. All You need to do is follow a few steps to check the availability of JioFibre at your exact location officially. We have already mentioned all the steps clearly in the article. But still, if you are facing any problem, you can ask in the comments. We will be more than happy to help.
Is Jio Wi-Fi unlimited?
Yes, technically, it is unlimited. Even the cheapest plans have unlimited data access. But, all the plans have a capping limit of 3300 GB per month. It means that the data speed falls at its lowest after you reach this capping limit. The internet almost becomes unusable after that due to its speed.
Is Netflix free for Jio fiber?
No, any OTT is not free for plans of ₹399 & ₹699. Although if you opt for a plan of ₹999 and above, you will have access to 11-12 OTT platforms, including Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Is Amazon Prime free with Jio fiber?
Any of the OTT apps are not free for plans of ₹399 & ₹699. Although if you opt for a plan of ₹999 and above, you will have access to 11-12 OTT platforms, including Netflix and Amazon Prime.