AC installation Guide – Top 9 things to take care of
- Check for any manufacturing or handling defects or breakage by yourself before calling the installation engineer. Ask for a replacement if the product is damaged.
- Keep the distance between the indoor and outdoor units as minimum as possible. It will reduce the cost of the copper pipe and lower the amount of heat gain into the refrigerant. The maximum distance should never exceed 15 meters.
- Always install the indoor unit of split AC on a wall strong enough to hold the weight.
- Place the outdoor unit on a flat and rigid surface to avoid vibration during operation, which can cause damage to internal components. Always use a water level to level things out.
- Don’t place the outdoor unit in very hot, humid, or dusty areas. If you are placing it onto the ground, put it on a flat concrete pad to avoid water entrance. Preferably place the outdoor unit in the shade for better efficiency.
- The indoor unit of split AC requires at least 15 cm of open space surrounding its top and sides for proper airflow.
- Try to Mount the indoor unit of split AC at the height of 7-8 feet above the floor.
- Do your best to minimize how much the pipes and cable bend, to ensure that the unit performs well.
- Ensure the indoor unit tilts backwards 2-3 degrees so that water can easily flow out of the drain pipe.
Top 14 Energy conservation Tips for AC
- Set temperatures at 24°C – Each degree above 75°F/24°C that you set your air conditioner’s thermostat saves you 3 percent of the energy used to cool your home.
- Service your air conditioner – Easy maintenance such as routinely replacing or cleaning air filters can lower your cooling system’s energy consumption by up to 15 percent. At a minimum, change the filter every three months. A dirty filter slows down airflow and makes your system work harder to keep you more comfortable.
- Open windows – Opening windows creates a cross-wise breeze, allowing you to naturally cool your home without switching on air conditioners
- Indoor plants – Getting some good indoor plants will not only enhance the look of your interior but also helps in maintaining the humidity level inside the room. Except that, greenery is always soothing to the eyes and makes you more comfortable.
- Fit tight – When installing a window unit, make sure it fits tightly so that outside air does not get in.
- Cook outside – Cook outside or at least keep the stove near open windows
- Limit the use of humidifier – The increased amount of humidity in the room inhibits the ability of our body to cool itself through perspiration.
- Using ceiling fans – Use ceiling fans along with AC to cool down the room effectively and more quickly. Cooling your home with ceiling fans will allow you to raise your thermostat four degrees. This can help lower your electricity bills without sacrificing overall comfort.
- The right placement – Don’t place lamps or TV sets near your air-conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which can cause the air conditioner to run longer than necessary.
- Use Blinds – Install window treatments or coverings such as blinds, shades, and films to slash heat gain when temperatures rise. These devices not only improve the look of your home but also reduce energy costs.
- Shady business – An AC unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one working in the sun.
- Seal it up -Caulk air leaks in your room for more efficient cooling. Using low-cost caulk to seal cracks and openings in your home keeps warm air out and cash in your wallet.
- Bathroom exhaust – Switch on bathroom fans while using it. Bathroom fans suck out heat and humidity from your home, improving comfort.
- Getting smarter – Using a smart Ac gives you the ability to control it with your smartphones. And then it becomes implausible that you misuse the power in your hands if you take energy conservation seriously.
So, now as you know How to save money on air conditioning bills, Let’s implement most of what that we have learned in our daily lives to keep the environment healthy & our pockets wealthy. It will be a small initiative towards a greener earth and a better & healthier livelihood.